squirrel3495

Can Anyone Tell Me What This It

A couple years ago, I was at a bass tournament. One of the non-boaters was removing his rods from his pro's boat and he had them all wrapped together. I struck up a conversation with him because I had never seen anyone carry their rods in this manner. The wraps were soft plastic or foam on the outside and a bendable metal on the inside. He just took on wrap and twisted it around the lower section of the rods and it held them all together, same thing for the top. I recall them to be about 12" long and they were multicolored. He told me the name of them and that he bought them at his local hardware store but I can't remember for the life of me. I have also scoured the local hardware stores in my area with no luck.

A couple years ago, I was at a bass tournament. One of the non-boaters was removing his rods from his pro's boat and he had them all wrapped together. I struck up a conversation with him because I had never seen anyone carry their rods in this manner. The wraps were soft plastic or foam on the outside and a bendable metal on the inside. He just took on wrap and twisted it around the lower section of the rods and it held them all together, same thing for the top. I recall them to be about 12" long and they were multicolored. He told me the name of them and that he bought them at his local hardware store but I can't remember for the life of me. I have also scoured the local hardware stores in my area with no luck.

He may have been too embarrassed to tell you the whole truth:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/versatile-accessory-Available-different-Scrunchy/dp/B004ZZN84Q

Dave

i think what he was using is the bungee cords that are more solid but fexible and you just twist them around stuff like you would a bread bag tie and they are good for what you say demonstrated

Powerworm, Thats exactly what they seemed like. I can't believe I have never seen anything similar with all of my 1000's of trips to the hardware store for this hobby. They were so handy.

Vodkaman: I disturbs me you were able to find that so quickly!!!!

Powerworm, Thats exactly what they seemed like. I can't believe I have never seen anything similar with all of my 1000's of trips to the hardware store for this hobby. They were so handy.

Vodkaman: I disturbs me you were able to find that so quickly!!!!

Yes, it would make you wonder. But don't worry, I am bald.

Here is another link, of a more masculine product: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0026WGDYW/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=286168&s=garden

Dave

Seems like I have seen something like this advertised on tv. May be able to find 'em in the "as seen on tv" aisle at a local "mart" store.