MEISTERICS

Rotisserie Motor Issue/lure Turner

I have this one motor that wants to keep stalling, but it is only the turning of the wheel, the motor is clearly still running. Then suddenly it starts turning again and then turns in a falling sort of way, than stops, and works back to it gradual slow turn. The problem is that is is too frequent. and is obviously a problem when turning epoxy.

Is the motor bad? I make sure I spread my lures out evenly. This particluar motor has done this since purchase, but has gotten progressively worse. i am going to guess that one of the gears inside may havew a bald spot. The wheel can't have more then 200 hundred hours on it. That's nothing compared to the other motor which is the exact same model.

Anyone else encounter this same issue?

Thanks in advance.

I have this one motor that wants to keep stalling, but it is only the turning of the wheel, the motor is clearly still running. Then suddenly it starts turning again and then turns in a falling sort of way, than stops, and works back to it gradual slow turn. The problem is that is is too frequent. and is obviously a problem when turning epoxy.

Is the motor bad? I make sure I spread my lures out evenly. This particluar motor has done this since purchase, but has gotten progressively worse. i am going to guess that one of the gears inside may havew a bald spot. The wheel can't have more then 200 hundred hours on it. That's nothing compared to the other motor which is the exact same model.

Anyone else encounter this same issue?

Thanks in advance.

i cant say for sure on that motor with out actually tearing into it and inspecting it but from my expeiences at work with gearboxes and such that sounds like you do have some missing/broke teeth on the gears - at best it may be misaligned

What you are describing is play in a square drive and an unbalanced wheel. When the heavy side passes the top of the rotation, it 'freewheels' to the next flat on the drive, this gives the falling effect. When the heavy side passes the bottom of the rotation, the wheel stalls, as the square drive catches up with the wheel. Check for play in the connection of the shaft and the motor.

Here is a link to a recent discussion on the subject.

Dave

Thanks guys, the issue was that the rod i used was not an exact fit after i grinded it down. It is a square drive motor. I feel pretty stupid for not thinking that one thru and being a touch more observent.

I put some tape on the rod to fill the gaps a little better. Temporary fix for the time being.