Chaos For 2011

Eyes Bleeding

About every 3 or 4 lures or so, the eyes bleed some shortly after being cleared coated. This only happens when I'm using red eyes. They're being finished with a 2 part auto clear. I know it isn't really a major problem, but am interested in what would cause this?

Edited by prochallenger

I have never had a problem with eyes bleeding. I use DN for clear coat and have used D2T. Are you paint the eyes yourself? I know sharpies will bleed with using clear coats that have solvents in them but never heard of them bleeding that are molded.

They're the normal 3D molded eyes. Can't remember which site I bought them from.

They're the normal 3D molded eyes. Can't remember which site I bought them from.

Bleeding molded eyes... Haven't had that happen yet, but if you are hanging your lures to dry should make some kewl effects, If turning your lures... then not so good probably... A question though, are you gluing the eyes or using their own adhesive back? If gluing, the glue may be causing a reaction. If not I would try a different brand....

Bleeding molded eyes... Haven't had that happen yet, but if you are hanging your lures to dry should make some kewl effects, If turning your lures... then not so good probably... A question though, are you gluing the eyes or using their own adhesive back? If gluing, the glue may be causing a reaction. If not I would try a different brand....

I've been gluing the eyes to ensure they stay on while being cleared. Good point, that could be the problem.