Juice780

Dick Nite Ordering Problems

Anyone else having problems ordering s-81, I think I read a message a while back saying he was real busy. I emailed him about 3 weeks ago trying to get an invoice and I haven't heard back from him. I also tried calling him and I left a message and no responce. Is this normal to take this long to get an invoice, this is my first time ordering from him.

Anyone else having problems ordering s-81, I think I read a message a while back saying he was real busy. I emailed him about 3 weeks ago trying to get an invoice and I haven't heard back from him. I also tried calling him and I left a message and no responce. Is this normal to take this long to get an invoice, this is my first time ordering from him.

Apparently they are getting slammed with orders for their spoons. I too am in the same boat awaiting an invoice. Perhaps Dick can come up for air to get some invoices out....I'll have to get some auto clear today to get my orders filled on time.

JK

This is a really busy time of year for Dick. Seems I remember reading a post of his not long ago that this is when one of the salmon runs is going on and that is when he sells a lot of his baits. He gives the folks at TU a pretty hefty discount on his products so the trade off is that we sometimes have to wait a bit to order stuff from him. He will get back to you. Sometimes it just takes a little while.

Ben

Hey Guys -

Extremely sorry for the delays you have been experiencing. I sent off about 25 invoices last night to TU folks who have been patiently waiting.

I included an additional 15% discount on top of your TU discount just because you are all so understanding. All the orders I sent invoices for are packed and awaiting a shipping label, so any PayPal payments will result in immediate shipment.

Again - I am really sorry for the delay. It seems like it's always something! You folks are a great bunch of folks and I appreciate you a lot!

Dick

yeah, Dick said he sprays. I wasn't able to get the desired finish though. I brushed for a long time, but finally gave it up because I could never get rid of the bubbles. Dipping is easy, and I just wait to do a batch at a time now to avoid exposing the DN more than necessary. Plus, I think dipping provides a much thicker coat than spraying... which to me is more important on wooden lures.

From the baits I've made, I would disagree about the action. If it does actually deaden the action, it must be a very small difference... OR people are really putting a bunch of epoxy on. D2T is very thick, but I normally thinned it when I did use it. I used Etex mostly, which is much thinner and don't recall seeing any difference between the epoxy and DN. I would go as far as saying that the wood within a single plank varies the action more than epoxy (etex) vs DN. Some of my smaller cranks I used Epoxy because it did add weight to the bait, but not for the intention of changing the action. I will say epoxy has a more attractive finish initially, but in the long run DN will look better longer. just my 2 cents

• Like 1