NMELO

Lateral Yellow Line - Sexy Shad Help

Hi,

i´m new in painting my own lures, with airbrush !

i´m using createx colors, at this time i need to do the lateral line like sexy shad color.

What is the better color to do this and how, because i can not do the 2 lines similar in all 2 sides !!!

By

Nuno

Hi,

i´m new in painting my own lures, with airbrush !

i´m using createx colors, at this time i need to do the lateral line like sexy shad color.

What is the better color to do this and how, because i can not do the 2 lines similar in all 2 sides !!!

By

Nuno

I use the Createx Fluorescent Yellow, Spray 3 to 4 light coats per ech line. Draw a line with a sharpie on a flat piece of plastic and then cut out on each side of the sharpie mark, That will give you a lateral line. I use the flat sides of our discarded milk jugs, they make great stencil material. You can make different length stencils by drawing longer or shorter lines.

Hope that helps!!

Patrick

Edited by Big Bass Man

Big Bass Man describes a good method of doing a lateral line.

IMHO fish don't really need to have both side of the bait to be identical. With the bait wobbling they probably won't notice a difference. I don't see that in nature every line or shape is exact. For grins look carefully in a mirror. Likely your ears are not at the same position on each side. I looked at my dumbo ears and nearly freaked out. lol. Now I walk around with my head tilted.

For my last sexy shad build I used createx pearl pineapple: http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee462/Ed_H1946/1st%20PVC%20Crankbaits/4.jpg

I use fluorescent yellow Createx too. To avoid using a template, I shoot the shoulders of the bait light gray, then run the yellow just underneath that, touching the gray. The gray makes any yellow overspray disappear and it gives you a line to shoot along so you can get a neat line. I don't think the fish care one way or the other but I don't like using a template for the lateral line because it looks too mechanical. This is the way the original Sexy Shad was done because if you shoot yellow at the edge of a blue back, the overspray gives you green.

Edited by BobP