jbaj007

Newbie First Time Painter

This is my first hardbait that I airbrushed. The tiny white dots are .004 silver holographic flakes in an intermediate clear base, not sloppy dust!; they don't reflect unless you turn the bait to different angles in sunlight. Devcon 2T clear (a real beetch when you're new) :oooh: Read everything here; thanks to you all. I'll get better with practice. SoCal surf fishing with LC 100 copies for Cali Hali.

IMG_2881.jpg

Supposed to imitate this:

DSCN814720BJM.jpg

My second bait, I tried foil (Jones Tones)

IMG_2886.jpg

Supposed to be green-backed version of anchovy:

SuperStock_4201-18654.jpg

You really have a valuable site, here. The information was complete and mucccccch appreciated! :nuhuh: Bruce

Nice looking bait for your first one painted!!

You can use Bob Smith 30 minute epoxy or Etex and get a lot more working time. With the Devcon, you can only clear about three baits at a time. The other two mentioned , you can clear about 10-15 at a time. Good luck with your painting and look forward too seeing your work, down the road.

Patrick

I read everything I could here, and on theairbrushforum.com, and practiced on a bunch of paper bags. I did paint a few of my motorcycles 40+ years ago. Also, I work with my hands at my job on very fine, detailed procedures every workday. To be honest I wiped off as much as I painted at the beginning, and the first bait has enough layers of paint to make it a sinking, rather than suspending, bait! 8O This forum really tells you everything and I thank you for it. Who knew you peeled the mylar off the foil after you glued it? I didn't :drool: . Thanks

Nice job rookie.... Now listen up! For once im going to give some critical advice...rather than the norm of GREAT JOB SKIPPY!!!

You want to make your Socal surfish or what ever you call that bait your trying to match look even better.....dont make your spots look that round or like perfect circles... go back and look at the detail of the spots...they are oval spots on the real thing. Make your spots match those spots..and your SPOT ON! Sorry for being pushy...critical of your work...it looks darn good for your first time... but most guys that post pictures normally want to hear.. hey thats great or THAT A BOY!!! but you want to improve right.....if your a real artist your looking for perfection and helpful advice.. why else would you have posted pictures in a threat....so im trying to give you some. Fix your spots and you will really WOW THEM! The difference between good and great is always details.

Does it make a difference when you go fishing..probably not... but it sure makes you think it does!

The Rookie

Edited by The_Rookie