walleyeking69

Looking For A Thin Topcoat

also when dipping lures do u dip the bill too.

I dip the lip on a crankbait if the lip is scratched or rough. But only with Dick Nite S81, which is one of the few coatings that will take the abuse but has great clarity. BTW, you don't dip lures in epoxy, you mix some up and brush it on the lure. Dick Nite S81 is the thinnest, toughest topcoat I've ever used and is perfect for topcoating jerkbaits, IMO.

Edited by BobP

The 20 minute Finish Cure is much thinner than the 30 Minute Slow Cure and much easier to brush on. They are two completely different products by BSI.The 30M SC is similar to D2T and will allow you to do 3 baits. One coat comes out great. The 20M FC allows you to do about 6 baits. One coat is sufficient for complete coverage, however 2 coats gives a deeper finish and has a much better appearance. The 30M SC has a little bit harder finish. If you want a thinner coat i would use the 20M FC. I have done well over 500 baits with the 20M FC and recently tried the 30M Slow Cure Epoxy. Even though I think both products are great...........I find that 1 coat of 30M SC looks better than 2 coats of 20M FC. Both are ready for hooks on 8 hours and both have great flow properties Just my findings......oh, and NO bubbles with either one!