blazt*

Dollar Store Green Masking Tape

This stuff works very well. I masked off a few cranks, painted them up with ctex pearls, and left them on standby for a few days. Upon unmasking, I could feel no residue on the lip at all- very refreshing vs. the gummy chunks left behind by my slightly expensive roll of yellow 3M Automotive masking tape. I always mask right on the line between lip and body, as I dislike having any excess paint on the lip. Edges were crisp and hard. No bleed. I was going to lay the clear down without cleaning it up but just to be safe I ran a qtip soaked with rubbing alcohol over the lip. $1.00 / roll at Dollar Tree. You get a roll that's about 1" wide and 1" thick, color is green, brand is Tape-It. They make a claim about "residue free" for x amount of days and I believe it.

Just thought I'd spread the word for those of you that have seen this but didn't want to take a chance. This stuff isn't only adequate, it's great. Five stars value/performance.