Sonny.Barile

Hf Airbrush Help

I have the Harbor Freight 9581 Airbrush. The instructions arent so good. I get how the trigger works. You push it down to get airflow, then pull it back to get paint. There is a knurled collet near the back of the brush that seems to tighten on the really long pin. Is this an adjustment for something? Do I need to adjust the pins position for something?

Sonny

This is called a dual action brush. On some you can adjust the collette to adjust the paint flow. When you pull back for paint it adjusts how much you can pull back. Its best to learn to control the paint flow before using that, then you'll find you use it very rarely. Also the "long pin" is called a "needle". You loosen the collette to remove the needle for cleaning. Be VERY careful, do not to bend the tip, and they are very sharp. When you change tip sizes ie, 2mm,3mm,5mm etc, you change the needle also. Be careful not to turn the gun upside down when the needle is out, the trigger will fall out. Hope this helps.

I had some success with that particular airbrush, but i found that i was wasting soo much paint from the siphon feed that i just returned it. i liked the gravity feed ones better. that one comes with a little cup that i thought would act like a gravity feed, but it hardly works. My cheap $20 ebay one has impressed me more than that one thus far.

But, to answer your post, ive always had the needle all the way to the tip and worked, so idk what's going on with yours. maybe a clot of some sort?

I have a harbor frieght dual airbrush and works great. The main thing is practice and patience. Ive learned to make very fine lines and im impressed with this airbrush compared to a gravity feed brush i bought from ebay.

Ive learned its not easy many factors involved. Paint viscocity and air pressure are two main things i struggled with in the beginning.