ravenlures

Musky

The best thing you can do is keep on Bass fishing. lol Muskies are so adictive it isn't funny. Melton Hill is a super lake for Muskies. They have got some really large ones in there also. Cave Run in Kentucky is also good. I have caught more muskies on a 1/4 oz. bass size spinner bait than any other musky lure I own. They love blades. Look up "Double Cowgirls". Musky lures are shown on this web site all the time. I pour my own replacement tails for Shallow Invaders because I feel I need them more flexible than the factory ones. The Nolichucky River has some good muskies as does the French Broad River in E. Tenn. Lake Emory in Franklin NC is now being stocked with muskies as is Lake Cheoah, below Fontana Lake in NC. Musky Glenn

Edited by Musky Glenn

Wow!

Glenn , I am surrounded by musky!

I fish the French Broad regularly. Is this above Douglas lake or below? I fish below. I have been in love with this river for some time. Smallmouth are terrific right now. Fish the shoals mostly. Four pounders area regular now. The shoals limit most people.

I have also fished the Nolichucky river. We floated this one. Have no idea what section it was but if i hear the sound of rapids again my left eye starts to twitch. Every few hundred yards we were out of our aluminum boat and walking. We did this for several miles. Wore out by the end of the day. Also saw several small boats about twenty foot up wrapped around a tree like a bow tie. When it floods it must really flood. We went back a second time and fished another portion of the river and this time no rocks but the current was so bad nearly impossible to fish. We must have just been in the wrong spots on the river.

I have fished some of the lakes that are along Fontana discharge from NC to TN . Beautiful places to fish, really. Secluded mountain lakes. Nothing like them. Just the curvy drive to them deters most people. One I believe is on the line and both nc and tn license is ok . Can not think of name but I have fished it for trout.

What is this Shallow invader? I did not see it on the double cowgirls site. I will be busy all winter on this ......Thanks!

Vic

Take his advice and run while you can!! It took me 14 times to catch my first one and I always wanted to be back on the lake as soon as I left. Way too addictive, I think in part because the baits all look amazing. I wish I had walls full of them. If you go out for them good luck!

Musky Glenn

How do your tails hold up? Both of my musky to date have came on a shallow invader and its looking a little haggard already.

Iam, Tails on shallow invaders don't hold up very well. But the main thing wrong with the factory tails is they are to stiff. To solve both problems I made a plaster of paris mold so I could pour them as needed and make them softer also. That works much better than spending $7.00 per tail. I have started making a larger version of the Shallow Invader for my own use and it uses the same factory tail. It is eleven inches long and is actually easier to work than the factory model. Raised five on it one day in Virginia, didn't catch a one of them.

To repair rubber tails, use super glue GEL. It also works to heat a knife blade HOT and insert it between two pieces (where torn) and melt both sides, remove knife, press both parts together until cool and it is good as new, almost.

Little River, that lake on the state line would be Calderwood. The lake between it and Fontana is now stocked with MUSKIES. First time was last Oct. so look for some there in the near future. The name of the musky lake is Cheoah. Calderwood and Cheoah are both great Trout lakes.

The area of the French Broad River that has the best muskies is between Asheville and Brevard, NC. Musky Glenn

Edited by Musky Glenn