mwassman

Prototype

What would be the best way to form your own prototype? I need to make an original shape to start making molds for my lure. Not sure of the best material to use i thought of using clay but i thought i would ask first. After i have my original shape i am going to try using a vuccu mold, im hoping to make a clear hollow plastic lure some-what shrimp shaped.

i use clay, wood, pvc... SYRINGE PARTS! Really just about anything that looks fitting. That's the nice thing about protos, they don't really have to even work. BUT, you just wasted some serious $ in RTV if your design doesn't. My advice, make one work in wood or whatever first to make sure you have all the bugs out. Then make one that is absolutely perfect using any product to make your mold. :twocents:

• Like 2

A-Mac is on the ball here. You can make your master out of virtually anything. It doesn't have to be one piece either. removable legs that push in are very convenient when removing the master from the mold without breaking. If a close fit, the construction is not visible in the resulting mold.

Dave