lifalcons99

Airbrushing Hardbaits

if you have some kind of artsy background and are willing to learn, id suggest starting off with a dual action gravity feed airbrush.(which none of those are). i found that the first one didnt like sucking up anything thick at all and needed to be thinned down alot. i got my airbrush on ebay and it was $20. after 100+ baits, its still working great!.

If you gave to buy a HF brush definitely get the dual action. If you can spend a little more, like gekhang said, the ones on Ebay are not bad. Most people like the gravity feed, Me I only paint 1 or 2 lures at a time, so I am changing paint constantly. I use a side mount suction feed as I do a lot of detail work and this puts the jar outside my hand. The gravity feed may be better for this, but I haven't tried. Here is a link to a inexpensive side feed, or just go to ebay and type in Airbrush, you will get thousands of listings. Above all else I would suggest a dual action by all means.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270798326414?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I have the dual action one in the first link. It has worked well for me, however I don't use it much because it is a pain to clean after each color sprayed. And since I only do a couple baits at a time its a pita. I would recomed the one on ebay as it looks much easier to clean between each color.

As a starter, that one I posted earlier is a good one. A couple of things you may want to try also, is the jar for that brush and a quick connect. They are very easy to clear between paint changes, If you use the jar instead of the cup, you can unscrew the jar from the connection, and this leaves the suction hose exposed, place the hose in a cup and spray out the excess paint about 5 seconds depending on the viscosity of your paint. The one I bought, similar to this one came with 2mm,3mm&5mm needles and tips. After playing with it for about a month or so, I decided the 3mm (like this one) was the size I needed. For the price its a great starter. Good luck and use the search feature on here, there's tons of info on airbrush preferences and additional info on other things helpful while painting... bb

http://www.coastairbrush.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CN

If you want the best cheap airbrush I have ever used.. Click the link above.

I got it to see how it worked. Personally I still love my DeVilbiss Dagr but its cost more than the Neo and the more you spend doesnt mean the better you paint. But if you paint alot of baits you want smooth feel. The DeVilbiss has a smoother feel than the Neon. Just like the Iwata Eclipse feels smoother when you use it compared to the cheaper Neo. Save your 20 bucks and spend 30 more...50 bucks is cheap for a airbursh. And the Neo is a great gun for that price range. Hope this helps you CHEAP TIGHT WALLET!....SPEND SOME DAM MONEY AND HELP OUT THIS ECONOMY!