anamealreadyinuse

Print And Seal Over?

I have a friend who is a husband/wife mom and pop business like my wife and I. They love to fish and I am thinking of painting a few wood blanks I have and putting their logo on the baits as a x-mas gift. They'd get a kick out of it I know. Can anyone recommend an affordable way to print their logo on the baits and then seal without the logo colors running like I assume they will using regular paper?

There's a couple ways to do this. You can use the photo over foil method that Husky describes in the tutorial section or you can use water slide decal paper. The decal paper is actually a thin sheet of plastic with a paper backing. You just print whatever image you want onto the decal paper. After allowing the ink to dry you spray a clear over the decal and let that dry. This is so the ink doesn't run when you wet the image in warm water to slide it off the backing onto the bait. (hence the name "water slide decal" paper) This process works best on flat sided baits as the plastic film doesn't like to lay flat on baits with contours. If your just adding their logo to the side this won't be a problem. You will need to put a coat of epoxy on the bait to level out the exposed edges on either of these processes. I think they sell the decal paper at hobby shops or you can do like I do and order it online. If you decide to go with decal paper and want the link just holler and I'll send it to you.

good luck,

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy

They have decal paper for both inkjet and laserjet printers depending on what type of printer you have. They also sell what they call a "decal fixative". This is what's used to make the decal waterproof while your applying it. I've been using a rattle can clear that I had and it's working just fine. You'll need some type of photo editing software to get your photo's to the right size for the decal your making. If you need any help with the technique just holler and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

good luck,

Ben

http://www.papilio.com/

They have decal paper for both inkjet and laserjet printers depending on what type of printer you have. They also sell what they call a "decal fixative". This is what's used to make the decal waterproof while your applying it. I've been using a rattle can clear that I had and it's working just fine. You'll need some type of photo editing software to get your photo's to the right size for the decal your making. If you need any help with the technique just holler and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

good luck,

Ben

http://www.papilio.com/

X 2 on Papilio. Great guys. Professional service. Always been helpful in answering any questions for me. Fast shipping and, btw, pretty good product, too. :yay: