twbass

Lure Bills

You can buy them from Janns Netcraft or lurepartsonline.com (formerly Stamina Tackle) - if they have the lip style and size you want. Otherwise, many of us cut their lips from sheets of polycarbonate (aka Lexan) or circuit board (aka Garolite, G-10, Micarta). If you build enough baits, you'll probably want to do your own eventually. Do a search on it in this forum for discussions on how to do it, what to use, where to get it.

I get small sheets of Lexan (about 9"X9" for about $6) from the local hobby shop (they sell it for remote controlled cars). This, a metal ruler, an exacto, and elbow grease = lip. Score with exacto and bend (open up the scored part). I bend off "rows" from the original sheet then make individual lips from these "rows". Score the rows good(your hands will appreciate it when you go to bend off the rows, especially when using thicker lexan). If you desire "perfect" lips, then order them pre-made or use a CNC machine. This method will not make rounded lips, but coffin shaped lips can be made using "C-type" wire cutters (the kind that cut perpendicular to the overall direction of the tool).

Edited by pizza

Best places I've found to get lexan, is at a glass / window repair shop. Ask them for the scraps or small pieces. It is cheap or free. Also I bought a whole sheet 4' X 8', saved almost $20 off the cheapest place I could find online.