anamealreadyinuse

Dick Nite Question

A Google search suggests there isn't a standard recoat time for moisture cured urethane (MCU). Manufacturers generally say it's ready for recoating when the first coat is dry. That's usually an hour or two. The main thing to guard against is CO2 bubbling, which happens when MCU is applied too thickly or is allowed to collect in a pool anywhere on the lure. A pool of MCU will also wrinkle acrylic paint on a lure. I used to put 2 coats of DN on bass baits but stopped because I got more blemishes with a second coat. When stripping DN topcoated lures for repainting, I saw it had soaked through the acrylic paint to form a tough monolithic finish that didn't need (IMO) multiple coats for durability. I don't know how multiple coats might affect the moisture cure process, which takes about a week to complete.

I can't see any difference in the topcoats on commercial saltwater vs freshwater lures, so that's for you to decide. If you want THICK, you should consider epoxy topcoats.

Heat setting your paint is a must when finishing with DN. I usually shoot a quick layer of Createx clear over my paint, heat set then dip in DN. Definately want to wait 24 hrs to second coat with Dn. Any sooner and it will try to melt the first coat and ruin your finish.