CedarLakeMusky

Coffee Pot Heating Element For Drying Lures

I found a coffee pot that was busted up but the heating element was still intact. I have the element, switch and all the wires. Right now I am using a light bulb in my drying box. According to the news the standard light bulb will be replaced in the near future. I was wondering if anybody has tried something like this or thinks it might work for a heat source. I have plugged it in and it heats up. One thing I noticed is it heats up then shuts off for about 8 minutes then turns back on again. Most coffee pots have an auto off but I left this plugged in for awhile and it seems to stay on that 8 minute cycle. Any comments or ideas would be great.

Thank you,

CLM

I just thought of something after hazmail's post. I have a temp gauge that I use on my nitro rc truck to make sure to engine is not running to hot. I can use the gauge on the coffee pot element. There is a little device on the element like a relay that you can hear click on and off. That's a good idea Crankpaint to run is for 8 hours and for sure try it somewhere safe.

CLM