bluetickhound

Paasche Gravity Feed Flow Pen

I actually saw that one at the store yesterday, I almost bought it but had the same idea as you...check around with the more experianced guys first

Yup!! I have learned that if i see something that looks like it'd work for luremaking the guys here have probably already tried it and can give you the straight dope on whether or not it works. No telling how much $$$ folks like Ben, Mark and others here have saved me!!

I have had good luck just printing out a word document with my name in a font/size that i like and printing that out onto the Testors decal paper. Spray some fixative on it and presto !! Hundreds of "signatures" that will never run!! I still hand number each lure but i cut enough off of the decal sheet to cover that also and haven't had any problems. I would imagine if you were just bent on hand signing also, just spraying some fixative on a blank sheet would give you a whole sheets worth that you could use to cover your signature before clearcoating...

Thanks for the info. I made an ACU pattern crank for a friend that was in the 82nd with me for a give away for his business. I had a huge amount of people ask for this so I figured Id make a handful more and sign them, now I know how. oh yea its posted in the gallery tell me what ya think

Edited by Tag

painting was the easy part haha. cutting the stencils took a good 4 hours. i used name tags that were sticky, and cut the shapes out. I based it with the tan, put a couple stickers on after heating, did the lighter color, put more stickers on. then covered it with the darker. I was worried that the name tags would peel some of the paint so i was super careful and it turned out good.

well i used the createx acrylics and just regular stick on name tags. It worked just fine with no peeling. the only thing i made sure of was i didnt put too much pressure on the stickers. i made sure it was heat set real well then when i applied them i used a toothpick and pushed down only on the edges.

As an aside, Ben... I found out recently that I'm a relative of Sam Rayburn on my mothers side... Her maiden name is Rayburn and her great uncle is none other than Sam...

Cool BTH. Nice that you were able to find that out. I tried doing some family research, but between court houses burning down and lost records I didn't get very far.

Ben