DJR

Sources For Unpainted Crankbait Bodies

I have been locating sources to purchase unpainted crankbait bodies and there are a lot of potential options. Barlows, Jann's Netcraft, Lure Parts, bustinbassbaits, Predator Bass baits, Vanndalizer, etc. It seems that many of these places offer the same bodies, but the prices can vary considerably from roughly $1.00 to $3.00 a piece. The bodies are probably all made in China, so are there any differences in quality among the aforementioned places? In addition, any suggestion concerning specific bodies would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ron

I have purchased from all of them and I would have to say that Predator Bass Baits has the best consistency from your list. When I need high end blanks I go to www.unpaintedlures.com I have ordered from him many of times and what you get the first time is what you will get every time. By far the best blanks I have found so far. Also check out www.dakotalakestackle.com

Norman sells clear baits, but they charge you full price just as if they were painted. I've emailed them about getting a reduced price for buying larger quantities and never got a response. Not getting a response left me with the feeling that they only sell to dealers at wholesale prices.

If your looking for a blank that looks and acts like a DD22 I don't know of any. There are several blanks that will dive in the neighborhood of 14 or 15 feet according to the sellers, but I can't tell you if that's true or not as I've never bought any. A lot of crankbait manufacturers tend to exaggerate how deep their lures run.

hope this helps,

Ben