jajames16

Crank Bodies?

I am very to new to painting crankbaits and am wanting some advice for where to buy and which body styles everyone likes the most.

All help is very welcome and appreciate everyones response in advance.

Thanks, Jordan.

Edited by jajames16

+1 for Jake @ dakotalakestackle!

jajames16: i would start with the 1.5 and 2.5 square bills

if you are looking for cheap cranks to start painting, i would suggest Jim @ predatorbassbaits.com. He has many more inexpensive cranks for sale. buy whatever you think will look nice and go from there.

Jordan. I am a beginner like yourself, so can't comment on preferences for a specific body style or company. I mainly purchased 1.5 and 2.5 square bills, as suggested to you by gekhang, because of my style of fishing. However, they seem to be a popular body variation. I would suggest contacting someone like Jake at dakotalakestackle and ask for recommendations on which bodies would fit your particular fishing needs best. In addition, he has pictures of what many of the bodies can potentially look like when painted which might be helpful towards deciding on one as a opposed to another.

Ron

Edited by DJR

you might also try www.unpaintedlures.com he just lowered all his prices and I think he has the best lures as far as quality

They carry ONLY quality blanks. EVERY one is top notch. The other vendors mix it up with some high quality and some crap and I do mean crap! I wouldn't use for a keychain. With that being said, you get what you pay for. Stay away from the under $1 lures. Some of these guys are just buying and selling the same ones you can get on e-bay from the Chinese middlemen and then putting them on their site for resale.