Matt Moreau

Og's Still Looking After Us

Being the second person to join this site after it's inception, I've seen a lot of people come and go. But, I know that a lot of the guys that joined early on are still here. We lurk in the shadows but, rest assured, WE ARE STILL HERE!

Gene

BTW - Swede was the first person to join (RIP). We joined the same day.

Hi Vince- I was back there in ???????????????? 2011 I think, but only for 12 days. Caught up with Gene, Coley, Nathan,  Kc Dano (Dan) etc in Missouri--went south that time and finished up in Nashville with my son---> flew on to U.K to see "PhilB" for 10 days (great) ----. then 8 weeks in Sweden (ordinary).

Been tied up for the past year helping look after my Mother, so no time for fishin --maybe next Spring mate (your Spring) .

Gene-- you will be glad to hear recently I racked all my timber, similar to yours but not as neat :lolhuh: . Anyway about 3 weeks back I came across that piece of 'Huon Pine' I was going to send you (sorry mate a lot on my mind)--it wasn't as big as I thought either, but I have a few more pieces to go with it and will forward them ssssoon (in your Spring).

Pete

Edited by hazmail

Joined Jan '04 and have been on the site almost every day since. Sometimes I don't have much to say and other times too much;lol.

I've enjoyed every visit here and I consider this my continuing education program. One thing I've learned in 63 years is that if you think you know it all; you are lying to yourself.

Met lots of nice folks here from all over the globe(met a couple of twerps as well lol); takes all kinds.

I would dare say 80% of the guys here don't remember the "other" site.

I too only post occasionally. Between work, making baits and fishing there's not a lot of time for posting. Most times the post has been answered and there's nothing to add.

I still take to Bladesnbaits from time to time. One of the best crankbait painters ever.

Gene - I have no idea what member number I would be, don't even know what year joined.

Edited by basskat

I don't remember the other site, I joined Jan of 2007 shortly after I found this site. I think it is the best tackle building site on the web. I  have gained/learned much information about tackle building from this site. I also think it has the friendliest and most encouraging group of people on earth. Thanks for everything, Long Live TU.

John

You can thank Red for starting this site. He deserves a lot more credit than he ever gets. Think about other forums you visit, not just bait making, how often do you see an argument or someone get banned from this one? Good people working together!

I don't remember the other site, I joined Jan of 2007 shortly after I found this site. I think it is the best tackle building site on the web. I  have gained/learned much information about tackle building from this site. I also think it has the friendliest and most encouraging group of people on earth. Thanks for everything, Long Live TU.

John

X2

It's unreal what I've learned from this site. 

I've learned more about chemistry and physics than I ever did in school!

Thank you all! 

Same here, heck I even learned a smidgen about hydrodynamics and Archimedes and I can even spell the words too. Thanks to all the ones before me that started this site.  :worship: