Volp1

Calvin Johnson Baits

Guys,

I just bought some of Calvin Johnson modified Bagley's KB2's. They are neat baits. My question is what is the material that fills in the pie shaped wedge that he removes from the bait to alter the diving angle of the lip???? It looks like epoxy or fiberglass. Also the rattle he uses seems to go through the whole bait and is very loud! Anyone ever use anything like that????

Thanks guys.

Volp1

I know Calvin and I know his baits. He lives about 30 miles from my home. He has been kind enough to share alot of information with me. I won't tell you what he uses to fill that void, I won't give away another craftsmans' secrets. The rattles are high quality glass rattles. I use the same ones. They are expensive. So much so that CJ bought his own machine and now produces his own. It is a single steel bearing in a glass tube. There are two sizes, 5mm and 7mm. The 5mm are the best. They have a much better "click" than the 7mm. The 7mm has a spring type sound to them. Your bait has the 5mm in it. The 5mm rattle is 1/2 inch wide.

Skeeter