Joe

Router Bits

This is for the guys using routers to shape baits, it may be old news for some of you, Received a catalog a few days ago from MLCS Woodworking. www.mlcswoodworking.com They offer two types and several sizes of full radius router bits that would shape both sides of a baits back and belly with just one pass through the router. Again, keep in mind all the safety recomendations mentioned in earlier post as far as using a router for baits. Joe

Hey as long as we are talking about routers, can someone tell me how to keep the damn bit from biting the edge of the bait when I first get started? I have tried bringing the bait in slow, fast, at an angle and all work part of the time but every once in awhile, wham, nails the edge and makes for some extra repair...doggonnnnit!

Jed

Start your cut in the middle of the back and in the middle of the lowest part of the belly. You will have to go backwards on half of the cuts on both sides. The bit kicking can still happen, but you will reduce the chances by doing it this way.

Skeeter