Terrydabassman

My Bluegill

Hey Bass Catcher, I have had a lot of success with the Glitter Paint from my local craft store. I think that it was like almost 2 dollars for a small 8 oz bottle. I have seen them in red, blue, green, silver, gold, orange and black. I have liked the Silver color since it has a few different colored sparkles in it. I have tried the other colors, but I dont like them like I like the silver. But Basicly this paint is clear with the colored glitters in it. This coating acts as a FIRST LAYER clear coat in a way. Its water based so its a real easy clean up. DO NOT use this as a FINAL clear coat! I just put this right over my paint job and it doesnt hinder the paint details, and the paint shows through... it just adds some sparkle to the lure. You also do not need to add a lot to cover your lure, one brush over is all I needed. Make sure its an even coat though. You just want to add some sparkle to it. For the Photo Lures, I think it adds a nice "extra pizza" to it. After that dries sign the lure and add your Clear coat of choice. The only other thing is that the glitter adds a little texture to your lure, so keep it thin and coat it at least twice with your clear coat of choice. In previous posts I have heard guys talking about adding plain glitter to your clear coat of choice. You can do that, but I prefer to use the bottles from the craft store. Its quicker and easier and less hassle and not much of a clean up! Cody

first nice bait. I add sparkles to my clearcoats that way I have as much as I feel the bait needs. I also clear coat after evey color or photo I put on the use an epoxy coat to finish the lure

here is a bad pic of one of my photo lures but you can see the sparkles in it. "yes it's a shad"

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

the_photo_shad.jpg

750_thumb.attach