thinning. I use both createx, createx autoair and cheap

paint from walmart craft dept. It all looks great once coated

with Devcon 2 T epoxy. Easy clean up use waterbased

paint. You can use almost anything paint you want as

long as it is compatible with the coat its going over or

the coat going over it.

Coley

Mesa,

CREATEX paints are anything but "watered-down" anything. They are the state of the art acrylic paints, the absolutely finest on the market. The other paints in Wal-Mart, as you mention, are actually the "watered down" brands, hence, cheaper.

ALL acrylic paints can be thinned or watered down with water. However, once they dry, water will not dissolve them. An Acrylic paint is essentially the same, whether its for portrait painting or anything else.

Good info, thanks. My (replacement) airbrush compressor will finally be here on the 8th. It seems like it's taking forever. I've got the airbrush, it's a paasche millenium. I've been looking and it seems that there is only one size head for this model, is that correct? Anybody else out there have this model? comments welcomed.

Im gonna try and give you the "skinny" on the Createx Paint and the paint from Wal-Mart. I use both and have great success with both!

Createx is used primarily for Textile painting, like fabrics T-Shirts, Canvas and pourous surfaced crafts. I started airbrushing T-Shirts years ago and I have used Createx exclusively. I havent used the Createx Auto paint though. The only problems I have ever encountered with Createx (which isnt very often) is that certain colors do need to be thinned down on a very slight occasion, depending on the length it sat on the shelf, the batch it was made, etc. For the most part, you pour the color into the cup and spray away. By the way I thin with water ( If it is needed!! ) and it usually only needs a drop or two! If you thin your paints with water, mix your paints into something like a souffle cup and not the air brush color cup. This will ensure a nice consistent mix and an even paint spray! Now Createx paint has a higher consistency of Acrylic in its paint. The Craft Paint is not neccesarily watered down, it just doesnt have the same amounts of Acrylic medium in it. It has other chemical mixtures in it, but not water. The paints from Wal-Mart seem to be on the thick side as well so they are NOT watered down. I cant just pour this paint into the airbrush and spray. Some thinning is always needed. If you were to use this paint for Airbrushing T-Shirts lets say, an Extender is reccommended for textile painting, IF you dont airbrush T-Shirts... you dont need the extender at all. I am personally not sure what the chemical make up of the extender is, but it seems to make the Acrylic composition in the paint medium bond stronger. In other words less Acrylic is actually in the paint, so it needs more added, hence the extender. ( Sorry I didnt pay attention in Chemistry to explain this better!) If you choose to use the Wal-Mart paint, You do NOT need to use this extender for painting your lures... just my honest opinion though! You are not going to continually WASH this in the washer so it will be steadfast after your clear coat. So thinning it with water if it is water based will be just fine. Get an eyedropper and add a drop at a time till you get a good consistency worthy of spraying out of your brush without clogging. As far as color fast and or color fading..... I dont think you will have a problem with the paint schemes fading as long as it is Clear Coated properly! So why do I use craft paints for me, They are like .33 cents a bottle and I have any color imaginable at my fingertips with no mixing issues! So get the Craft Paint and Createx and Paint away! Now Hurry up and get that compressor so you can show us what you made! Cody[/b]