WidowMaker

Other Homebrew Tools Type Forums.

Several years ago i came across several online forums for building various type of work bench tools and how to bend springs and etc. But for some reason i cant seem to find any of these forums. Now all im finding is these generic "submit your idea for a patent and get rich" type of websites. I must be overlooking something somewhere or else i should be able to find what im looking for.

I don't follow woodwork sites, but I do search occasionally. From what I have seen recently, they are still around and lots of good stuff to be seen on YouTube too. I guess specific searches for what you want are the way to go.

I just did a search for 'work bench design'. Some good sites came up, plus all the commercial stuff. But, by adding 'DIY' to the search text, things improved.

These sites give you the broad strokes, but if you have something in mind, it is generally specific. You just need people to bounce ideas off. The docks forum here on TU is a good a place as any, as we are all dabbling in the black arts of wood manipulation. I am a design engineer and my door is always open for a techy discussion.

Dave