CNC Molds N Stuff

Space Saver

Yes, a great design idea. He just tried to save too much space with the cabinet and lost some stability. If he is into levers, he should put swiveling castors on a lever plate. This way the cabinet is 100% stable on the floor and when he wants to pull the cabinet out, he pulls a lever to drop the wheel plate.

My space saver design, not modelled yet, is a 'lazy Susan' type table, with four tools available; belt sander, band saw, drill press and a vise and work area. I don't need it now, with my new workshop of 5m x 8m.

Dave

I made a flip top cart for my shop.  I have a thickness planer on one side and miter saw on the other.  Mine is much more stable as in no shaking/wobbling.  My top pivots on  central steel shaft with bearings.  I still need to add the drawer in the bottom.  I plan on making another one at some point for my spindle sander and not for sure what on the other side.

DSC_0262_zpsfe4652e1.jpg

Edited by Travis

Thank you.  I really enjoy the bench and kicked myself for not doing it sooner.  I used a lot of reclaimed materials (pink legs....daughters old loft bed, boys  old dresser).  It is very surprising how quickly one can start to build things as they get set up properly.  I still have plenty of issues but things that used to take a lot longer go buy in a breeze now with much better results.  

• Like 1