jrfan8

Epoxy Problem

Ok I have been using Epoxy for years now, but all of a sudden I am having trouble or having my chain yanked. Anyway, I have some lures and when they leave here and are shipped they are fine, but for some reason when they get to where they are going I am being told that the coatin (epoxy) is soft. The last lures that they said did this I made them send them all back to me, but they peeled all of the coating off before sending them so I could not see what it had done. Shipped more out the other day and they called to tell me that the caoting on these were soft. I know for a fact that it was hard as a rock before I shipped them

Basically is anyone else having problems with epoxy AFTER shipping?

In my opinion, unless what you are wrapping the baits in when you ship them is having a reaction to the epoxy, I think they are just screwing with you. I have never heard of epoxy going soft again after it has hardened. I know that solvents can cause it to go soft again, but that is all. Are they saying that all of them arrive that way? Tell them to leave the coating on them so that you can see the problem. Even if they put a solvent on them the epoxy will reharden once the solvent evaporates. Sounds awful funny to me.

Skeeter

Sounds like a way to get free lures from you. I am with Skeeter I think when they sent the ones back to you they put some thing on like some striper. Was your paint on the lures or are they tacky at all from the epoxy? Have you used that tube of epoxy on other lures?

I don?t think it is your packing, but maybe put some in a box like you are going to send them off and let it sit. Other then that I think they were just getting a nice set of free lures.

-Corey

No, not me to them, but them trying to get me.

Had one guy try and return 9 color ink cartridges, checked records and had only sold him 2 that year.( both beyond warrenty)

But he sweared up and down he just bought them.( maybe but not from me)

I had not even stocked that many of thoughs cartridges that year to sell him or anyone that many.

1 year warrenty I offered, for defects, and I would get people wanting there money back because they have not used them in a year, so they can get a new warrenty.

Then changed to offer 6 month warrenty, but scamers have forced me to reduce it to 90 days.

Diamond king, got a gut buster out loud.

Gets tricky.

Are you taking notes on working time verses you know?

"Cause I was in a hurry."

That is code for did not pay attention.

And some thing went wrong.

Corey ,ribbing is all in good fun.

One of my guys just scored a 2nd on the winniebago system this past weekend.

Another a 5th at Saginaw bay MWC.

Glad it is going well, feel free to call on free minutes any time.

Did you get the diamonds out?

Thanks for all the replies. On this last batch I told them to just fish them they were fine. They were not soft here so they could not be soft there. Hate for people to think I am a hard a$$ but thats alot of money and alot of time. Even the ones that they sent back is alot of time because I have to strip off all of the paint I have put on them before, and then repaint them.

I told them the only way they will get them replaced is to send them back to me. They are all handcarved lures, and you guys know how much time that takes!!

Unless the person was a trusted friend I personally would not replace a bait unless they return the defective one. Beyond that, I would think that any reasonable person asking for a replacement would also expect to return the broken bait. You are exactly right, there is way too much work that goes into a bait to be just "sending them out" because someone said they had failed.

By the way, like Skeeter and others I have never seen an epoxy go "soft" again.

Jed

Just checked out our site....Nice.

I think they are taking your" what we do page" to heart and making you redo it.

At least they did not pull the lips and weights off.

This could be a copy cat disecting your hand carves, or am I giving them to much cedit.

Really some thing is fishy here, gut plie in the back type fishy.

It doesn't have to go soft to be peeled.

And why did they peel it off.

How many baits we talking?

Paint was still on the lure. Everything with the lures were fine they had just peeled the epoxy off.

Something that I did think of is that the only ones they have said were soft were the ones i sent express mail.

The first set of lures that they claimed were soft was like 30 lures and this second one was like 25. This time I just told them to fish them they were fine.

I really hate to think that they are yanking my chain because one of them I have been dealing with for a while and he has bought several thousand's of dollars of my lures and never complained once. Its just now that his friends want them they are complaining.

Richoc thanks for the compliment on the site. I like it but it needs an update.

You need to express to them that you would really like to figure this out and you need to have the soft baits back in your hands un-touched to investigate.

You would like this to not happen to any one else, and that you are willing to work with them.

Now what you do is start coding thest baits , small numbers under the lip just at the paint job.

Scrape it in with exacto blade small, but you know it is there.

And keep a control log of those you ship to this guy.

He has purchased many so keep him happy at the same time you are investigating if he is scamming you.

Quality control/ keeping them honest.

If the old baits were peel and sent back, how old were they?

Also inform them you will refinish the older baits of for a fee.

Should answer all the ?'s this has brought up, real quick like.