Tally

Treble hook dressing

:D Hi Tally, now this is only my opinion but I think its just like with anything else and being in the right place at the right time, a dressed treble definitely is a plus for enticeing fish to strike. One thing I can say for sure is I sell alot more crankbaits with a dressed treble than I do without and this definitely hooks more buyers than without the dressed treble. I haven't fished all that many of each to say one way or the other. Now that I have you all confused I guess you will just have to try it for yourself. I enjoy making the crankbaits and tying the trebles. I definitely like the bait with the dressed treble if you lay two baits side by side. The only way to know for sure is to put the baits to the taste test for the fish. Hope this helped you out. Ken Schmitz

I've been putting them on my poppers. They seem to create a little extra drag that keeps the tail down when you pop the bait. Below are a couple of baits I made using a standard popper blank from Netcraft. I can tell you that they pop as well as any wood bait I ever fished, almost as much pop as a Hula Popper.

popperlg.jpg

popperlg.jpg

popperlg.jpg

popperlg.jpg

popperlg.jpg

popperlg.jpg

popperlg.jpg

popperlg.jpg

911_thumb.attach