T-Ball

eyes, eyes, eyes ?????

I am new to this board, and let me say it is AWESOME !!!!! I have just finished my first batch of repainted cranks, and was shocked by the way they came out. the only thing I don't like about them is their eyes. I tried to paint them on and they look like my crankers are drunk. I bought some of the stick-on eyes and put them on before applying my topcoat and am not really happy with those either. My question is, what is the cleanest and most simple way to put on the eyes. I'd like to have something alot thinner than those stick-on eyes, I would really like to have them done in paint.

I want to thank all you guys that post all your secrets here. I got all the information off this board to start painting cranks. I built my drying rack from a picture that was posted here as well. This is addicting !!!

Thanks Again !!

T-Ball

Use the back end of a paint brush, just dip it into the paint and then touch it to the lure. It should make a perfect dot. You can experiment with other items that have a similar shape such as nail heads to try and achieve the same effect. Be sure to wipe the paint off between dots and redip between as well. If you do more than one dot without wiping and redipping they will get smaller, but if you want a smaller dot you can make a dot first on something else to get some of the paint off then on the lure. If you find two things that will work one small and one large you should be able to get factory perfect eyes on your lures. Hope this helps

I just tried what you told me and it worked fine. I used a 6 penny nail head for the eye, then I cut a small piece of brazing rod and put the black dot in the eye. That is what I want my eyes to look like. Thanks for your help ! It is much appreciated !! T-Ball