Pikestalker

Luredryer help.

I used 8 inch pieces of 1/2" round dowel to serve a handles to hold the musky lures. To the end of each dowel I attached a wood screw. I bought wood screws that are about 3" long and cut off the end that normally accepts the screwdriver. I pre-drilled all the dowels on one end and twisted in the wood screws leaving the pointed end on the outside to go into the each lure. My dryer wheel is shaped like the one Funny Farm has in the tutorial section. I drilled holes on each of the wheel slats to fit the dowel ends. This method works perfectly and allows me to dry 40 baits at once if I chose to do so.

I attached a pic for you to see how I screw the dowel in. The dowel is screwed into one of the hook hanger holes. The other dowel in the pic I included so that you could see the wood screw.

Jed

www.bikinibaitcompany.com

dryermethod.jpg

dryermethod.jpg

dryermethod.jpg

dryermethod.jpg

dryermethod.jpg

dryermethod.jpg

dryermethod.jpg

dryermethod.jpg

989_thumb.attach

Pikestalker,

The downside of the method I am using is it doesn't allow you to have one of the screw eyes in place while clear coating.

Here is another option for you that would allow all of the screw eyes to be in place while turning. This is a how a friend of mine that dries hundreds of baits does it. Note that there is simply a wire bent around the tow point and rear hook eye. The small frame could be quickly attached to the wooden slats with a wing-nut. Notice how the hole in the bottom of the frame is a slot so you could just slide it onto the screw and tighten the screw eye.

If you choose to use this method make sure you make the frames large enough to accomodate all sizes of baits you might be making.

Just something else for you to consider.

Good luck to you and best regards.

Jed

www.bikinibaitcompany.com

genesdryer.jpg

genesdryer.jpg

genesdryer.jpg

genesdryer.jpg

genesdryer.jpg

genesdryer.jpg

genesdryer.jpg

genesdryer.jpg

990_thumb.attach