IslandBass

Using Min Wax Polycrylic for hardbaits?

I was just wondering if any one uses this to coat their lures. I have been using Dev Con 2 Ton with great results and I am quite pleased.

I bought mix wax's polycrylic clear gloss (water based version) to refinish the dining room table (one of the project's on the Mrs' to do list) and I have a lot left over and it sure would be a waste to have it just sitting there on the shelf.

I vaguely recall some here using Min Wax here with satisfactory results. I hope I have the right version. Thanks!

--IslandBass

Someone asked about this befor at one time! I've used it > the question is " What do you want from it"? Its not a protector from dents or scratches that your going to use it for(FISHING) and it shimmers and thats a poor attractant! and as others say > It yellows. This is NOT a clearcoat by all means. It belongs in your house!. NO I'm just kidding about your house joke! but its no good for lures as you asked.We all experiment and as you can see many of us have tried it and given it a "F".rating.