Spinner

Thanks!

Now that I have read through this entire site and have a very large file created for backup, I want to thank all of you for being a tremendous resource! I decided to stop making baits until I could establish a baseline to ensure a higher degree of success. My first step was a few e-mails to Skeeter. Then I just decided to plow through all of the postings until my confidence improved. Felt last night that I had gotten there. Pulled several of my balnks out, went into the house and filled one of the tubs with water. Sat on the edge and pulled baits, watched them at rest, etc, for some time. Had a "Uh-huh" moment. For the first time all of the weighting, bill angles, lip size, etc made sense. A problem I had struggled with for several months was solved. Went back out to the work bench and made blanks for a few hours.

My issue was not having a process. When something didn't work, it could have been one of several items. Now I have several blanks of one model, lips will again be tested, but now I can produce multiple versions with a much higher degree of sucess. I had so many models, in different phases, I never knew what my problems were.

Its a lot more fun now. Thanks to all with your questions and answers!!

Spinner

...and yes, the digital camera is coming so the new production models may be viewed by all. Just be gentle...

Spinner, Trust me on this one... you will have a better AH Hah moment if you get yourself to a local indoor swimming pool. Check with your local YMCA, High School or whatever to give those lures a swim. Get in touch with the Facilities Director and tell him what your up to. Your GOLDEN if the guy is a Fisherman, (Like the one I use, cause I can throw a freebie at him for his letting me in afterhours or whatever.) You will be amazed at what these creations can do and when you watch them in clear water.... WOW! What a rush! You get to see how they actually move, how deep they go, etc. Once you do that... you have a better understanding of what and how and where everything goes and how it all falls into place. ( A bath tub doesnt cut it to me it just doesnt give you the full effect! )

By the way I need to stand before you and point out to everyone that " I HAVE A PROBLEM". I have been addicted to lure making for a year now. Is there a 12 step program for this?? :lol: Cody