TBait

Iwata users????

Any comments on the Iwata HP-SBS (eclipse)? I am no longer happy with my VLS...it isnt cutting the mustard anymore... I have talked with quite a few people spraying acrylics....tee shirts etc and they all say the same thing...they went to Iwata. The VLS is just too moody... one day it wants this and the next day it wants something else....I cant take it anymore.....help! I need a fine detailed 1/8" in line spraying son of a gun...that doesnt miss a beat. This brush has a side cup...so you can see over top...

I have been thinking the same thing TBait. I have a friend that just went from a VL to the eclipse and says the difference is huge when it comes to spraying fine lines. He did say tho that unclogging it was more difficult with the Iwata and that it did still clog although not as often. If you do some shopping please let me know where you find the best prices. Thank you!

Jed

Tbait,go to dixieart.com and go to the airbrush home page.

Choose iwata

Take a look at the hp-bcs model

Its a good deal for 85.00

comes w/ a jar and hose and i believe free shipping

This is about as good a deal as you can get for the money.

if you shoot any solvents at all it holds up well

if you are strickly water base then it will last forever

Blades

I got the Eclipse cs, gravity feed for X-Mas and it's awesome !!! My other guns are retired for good. The gravity feed is the way to go. It has a cap that keeps everything neat. It holds alot of paint and cleanup is easy. I got mine from www.airbrushdepot.com. The brush by itself is around 105.00. You will never use another brush after you use an Iwata !!!!

T-Ball

I use the BSC eclipse. Good all round brush. It can do some finer detail like dots and thin lines. Bottle is below the brush. I use the fast blast caps on the createx bottles. Plug one in, paint, pull out, flush with water, on to the next color. Speeds things up and less waste of paint. I break it down and give it a good cleaning at the end of each paint session. If you pick up a new airbrush, look into getting some cleaning brushes for it too. Dixie art is a good place to shop. Orders over $45 are shipped free.

Andrew

Been using an Iwata Eclipse for a couple weeks now, really like it! This brush with the createx paint and airbrushing is actually fun!

Jed;

I know you were using a Paasche H and craft paints as I was, and having the same type of problems; clogging, splattering, spider webs ....

I have been moving to Createx and see a big difference, but it is still frustrating. Do think moving to a Iwata is what I need to be a happy painter?

Where did you get yours and how much, if you don't mind?

Thanks

You only need the .5 nozzle it comes with. Everyone I have ever talked to says the Iwata's are the way to go. I have an Paasche VLSet #1#3#5 that I will sell to the first offer of $30.00. It has a couple of bottles, hose,and cup. You will have to pay postage. I should have moved over to Iwata 4 weeks ago. There has to be a difference... where are you at Paasche lovers...? www.airbrush.com/forums they all preach Iwata... Thanks to everyone for their input.

m

Mallard, sorry for the slow reply, have been way too busy lately! I bought mine from Dixie Art and paid about 80 dollars for it plus another 10 for the hose...maybe it was less than that, can't remember for sure. The other day I ran the Iwata tho with the createx and then re-hooked up the Paasche. I sprayed both brushes with Createx. The Paasche did run much, much better with the createx but still not nearly as smooth as the Iwata. The other thing about the Iwata that I really like is that I can dial the paint down to the thinnest line, it's quite amazing. And, I can also dial it down to where just the tiniest amount of paint is coming out which makes it very easy to add color where you want it in a gradual way, say for gill lines and other highlights. I would highly recommend the eclipse, seems to be a great brush!

Oh one thing about the eclipse, if you take the end piece out there is a tiny part that sits on top of the needle, be careful as it's very easy to lose!

jed