Stefan Tudose

final coating for wooden lures/ foamies.

Hi guys,

for my wooden lures I use clear polystirene melted in nitro thinner as the final coating after the paint. Unfortunately sometimes, because of the big temperature difference between environment and water, the coating brakes. You must know that I am using acrylic paints diluable in water and I apply themn with a hand brush. It mostly happens when I use aluminium foil ovet the lure's body.

Do you have any solutions for such problem? Maybe another coating options?

Also woul like to ask for a coating solution for foamies.

I shure thing will appreciate your help.

Kind Regards from Romania,

Stefan Tudose

Welcome aboard Stefan. Share some photos of your creation here too, post it in the galleries.

Most guys here use Envirotex Lite or Devcon (in alphebatical order, not preferance, if you're here long enough or search the forum you'll unserstand this footnote better :wink:). Do a search for Etex and Devcon, you'll find tons of info on these stuff.

Other options include uretherane base lacquer, auto clear coat. Mentions of UV cured adhesive/epoxy, marine grade gel coats etc. though these are the less common choices.

Hope this helps. The fomies Q I'll leave to the experts in this field, I've never done any yet.

Hi LaPala,

many thanks. Unfortunately, these brand doesn't sound familiar at all for me. However I will try to find what is behind the name (chemically speaking).

What paints do you use? with these coatings?

Regarding the pictures, they will be available on my website starting with the second half of february.

Until then I will try to post some.

Many thanks and

best regards,

Stefan

Stefan,

Devcon is a two part epoxy resin glue in the states it can be found a Wal-mart stores. It comes in dual plastic syringes. Other epoxy's would work as a top coat but yellow over time.

The E-tex is a two part pour on finish commonly used for bar or table tops made by Enviromental Technology's. Here it can be found at most hardware or hobby stores.

I hope this helps you,

John.