Brug-Man

Tow-eye - body .vs. lip

I have a question, I see that some of the cranks have the tow-eye on the body and some of them have the tow-eye on the lip. Can you tell me what difference this makes as far as the placement of the tow-eye on body versus the lip. I have a crank that I am just waiting on my shipment of lips to come and would like to know before I install my lips.

Bug-Man,

The Toe-Eye or as I call it in TN, the line tie, can be in either place. Those that make the wire through the body of the lure where everything is connected such as the hook hangers and the line tie, most of the time has the line tie in the body. If you use some other type of hook hanger such as screw eyes then the line tie will most of the time be on the bill or lip. The position of the line tie on the bill will makes some difference on how deep the lure will run. The closer to the lure the deeper it will run. If you purchase bills with the line tie not in it then you can put the tie any place on the bill to make the lure run like you want. You must make sure you get the tie in the center of the lip. If you purchased lips with the line tie already in it that that part is done for you and all you need to do is cut the slot to the bill, making sure that it is a snug fit and center the bill. I am sure that if you search the site there is a lot of info on this subject. Good luck

Charlie M. AKA Boyhowdy