dtrs5kprs

Foamie Q...RTV?

Admittedly not up to speed on all of the foamie info, but is anyone pouring these in RTV molds? Have an RTV mold I made for a wiggle wart (for 2-part smooth cast pouring) and am thinking of trying it for some foamies.

Also...would the foam hold up if it formed the lip? That would be another issue with my RTV mold as it is built to have the lip and bosdy cast of the same material.

Thanks.

Admittedly not up to speed on all of the foamie info' date=' but is anyone pouring these in RTV molds? Have an RTV mold I made for a wiggle wart (for 2-part smooth cast pouring) and am thinking of trying it for some foamies.

Also...would the foam hold up if it formed the lip? That would be another issue with my RTV mold as it is built to have the lip and bosdy cast of the same material.

Thanks.[/quote']

Will you settle for half an answer? :rolleyes: THe foam will not be adequate as a lip. The first hard object you hit, will damage it, most likely, severely. BUT what I'm in the process of working on is to cast the lip seperately, by making a silicone mold just for it. I intend to make it from a casting resin. That would make it strong and would put a bit of ballast right where you'd want it most. I made the mold by mixing DAP 100% Silicone, (See the Clam mold tutorial in the soft bait section) putting it in a small cup and putting the lip section of the plug into it. It sets in a few minutes and will give you a crude but perfectly serviceable mold for the lip. It would also be adviseable to reenforce the lip with some SS wire when you cast it. The SS will act as "rebar" and will also serve as an added connection between the foam body and lip. Once you have the resin lip made, you can place it in the mold and proceed as normal with the foam casting. The foam will adhere to the resin lip and will also have the wire to grab onto. All in all it is a relatively simple and straight foward process.

Here's how an all foam casting will look. 1bomber.jpg I'm still in the trial phase regarding the resin, but I'm 99% sure it will do the trick.

There are a few guys here who cast in Urethane Rubber and Silicone RTV. I'm sure the other question will get answered shortly. Good luck.

Despite what normark tried to say about the new wart, the bill and body need to be a one piece unit for it to fish right, thus the re-introduction of the original wart. Was really just trying to find out if there was a use for thsi old RTV mold. Made it back when normark d/c'd the original wart. Thanks though. May still take a shot at foaming something like a petey or a BB2.