Nathan

New eye screw Bits by Tom S.

If you guys have gotten your new catalogs from Stamina,you've probably noticed those bits listed near the eye screws.Those were designed and made by Tom S. who joined us here a few weeks ago...Thanks to Tom,and a little horse trading,I got one of each size.I had a bunch of Assassins to put together last nite (each one takes 7 eye screws..The 12" takes 8 )..Only thing I can say is WOW!!..Talking about a time saver,and wrist saver....These things are worth every penny if you use many eye screws.The .072 size works great for the .062 eye screws too...Nathan

It's a great idea too.

I used to make a pencil popper that had magnum screw eyes in it, I took a B&D cordless screwdriver, cut the straight blade bit off the tip, and used a dremel tool to make a groove in it to accept the screw eyes and turn them with the cordless driver. Worked great. I made probably 1000 poppers like that with three screw eyes in each one.

Tom's idea takes mine one step further and has a lip on each side to keep it from slipping off which was a potential problem with mine.

Nathan, thanks for the compliment!These bits are one of the only good ideas I have had,that actually worked!LOL!Hopefully I can save your wrists and time for more fishing!Trading these bits for baits is way more fun than selling them.The baits I got from Nathan are sweet!Thanks again!

Tom

Ebert and Roeper say "Two Wrists Up - Way Up!"

Sorry guys couldn't resist with the academy awards on tonight. Seriously though, these tools are awesome. I just tried mine this morning and they are fantastic. One word of caution though, be careful about screwing the eyes in too far. That's how easy these tools make the job, but I couldn't believe the efficiency and speed - whoa!

Tom, I'll be sending your bait sooner than I indicated before. Thanks again.