Finneous Fogg

I was sooo stoked

I started Musky fishing about 4 years ago. After outfitting myself for my first trip to Canada, I found that Musky lures can be the most expensive part of the trip! After purchasing the basic lure essentials, I believed I could make some of the same lures for a fraction of the cost. Then reality set in........

I made a few minnow style jerkbaits and took along on the trip. After a bruising week, my purchased tackle was busted after a few head-ons with Musky. On the last day I was down to my own creations or fish with baits that had not been producing. I tied on one of my own creations, primitive at best, and caught the smallest Musky of the trip. It is one of my proudest moments. My fishing partner was amazed I wanted a picture of a 27 inch fish but realized my joy when I pointed out the lure in its mouth. It ended up being the very first lure I had ever made and it caught a fish. I have been hooked ever since, literally.

By the way, nice boat and set up you have in the picture. Looks like a great platform to fish from. Keep up the good work!

Spinner.