Muskie Bob

figure 8 links for 4 part mold foam bait?

Visit your well-stock local hardware. Find the chains and ropes section. (You'll have to go to a tack shop for whips. :) ) It's not "sash chain", but it's in a package near it. It might be for hanging plants. The chain is made of figure-eight-shaped links and is brass. You can easily open the links and seperate them. There's a half twist in them that you can flatten with pliers, arbor press or vice.

Hope this helps. Show us some of your results.

Dave,

I'm interested in a larger size. One that I can use for muskie lures.

Something in size similar to .092" magnum screw eyes, the figure 8 type.

The wiggle wart is too small for the split rings and hooks. I know of muskies caught on wiggle warts and the hangers did just fine.

It sounds like there isn't anyone making hollow plastic lures without using

the wire thru hangers.

I'm anxious to get my order of foam 16 so I can find out if the inside is as strong as the outside skin. If it is, I may consider using screw eyes just to test them. Two years ago before I discovered this site I tried to make a plastic lure using a clear two part resin. It took for ever to setup, but I doubt if the screw eyes will ever come out.

So, any idea other than wire thru or screw eyes for hangers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Muskie Bob