Haebar

Madman Lures

Does anyone know what happened to MadMan Lures? Their web site has been down for about a month now and I don't see any of their lures in the fishing stores nearby anymore.

Mad Man had a great "looking" lure, but one that really caught no more fish than any other lure that was similure, they spent a small fortune advertising that lure, and they sold like "mad" for a couple of years, add the fact that their design got knocked off by one of the big companies.

Another thing that added to their demise was they bought out another company that had a bunch of genaric molds, instead of bringing out another "new" bait, they thought all they had to do was put their Logo on these baits, and they too would sell like mad, they of course were wrong.

I really liked those two guys, but they ended up being a flash in the pan company, their early success, did not prepare them for the hard knocks of this buisness, they did not put a side their early profits, or have a buisness plan that would work in the tackle industry of today.

I hope they will try again in the future

Hit it on the head, good looking lure and good advertizing scheme. They should have paid some big names to "use" their product and would have done better. The craws worked fine but so do about every other craw (and more importantly tubes) on the market and the timing was bad if you think about soft plastics. It wasn't my first choice (second or third for that matter) for texas or carolina rigging so basically you had flipping/pitching bait. If you were going to flip or pitch, Denny had solidified the tube as the bait of choice at that point if I remember correctly.

They are currently selling bulk packs on Amazon for 20 bucks. each pack has a theme, creature/craw, worm, stick bait etc. You get 10 packs of 10 baits so 100 pieces all together. i like them for the price, for the reasons above. wacky rigging goes through a lot of senkos, so the bulk pack of those is nice if you do a lot of that and of course the craws are....well....craws. Drag them, flip them or whatever you want. put it in front of a hungry fish and it will eat it.