Husky

If you want to print over foil........

Shawn and Jerry were kind enough to put up a new tutorial of mine. It's a little different than what you all have been doing and the results are pretty neat. As usual, If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact me.

FYI, just glue the edges of the Tissue to the regular paper. All that's required is that the edges of the tissue are flat and secured.

BTW, Terry has a new one up, too. It's "How To Make A Bomber"

Mike P

http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3498&start=45

Husky, your tutorial came just in time for me, as I'm going to photo finish some of my baits. I'm on halfway with preparing the patterns. Here is one wannabe: http://img.tar.hu/benyhe/size2/13076394.jpg

Just a few questions about the raw material in your method. I should find here the equivalent of the gift tissue paper, what you use. How does it look like? Is it transparent, or rather translucent in some measure? Something like cigarette paper, or rather kleenex tissue? Doesn'n it crinkle in the printer? Doesn't the printer ink run on it?

I already have a few sheet of decals, but haven't used yet. Probably I won't even, if your cost-sensitive method would work for me.

folk

decal_124.jpg

decal_124.jpg

decal_124.jpg

decal_124.jpg

decal_124.jpg

decal_124.jpg

decal_124.jpg

decal_124.jpg

1514_thumb.attach

Husky' date=' your tutorial came just in time for me, as I'm going to photo finish some of my baits. I'm on halfway with preparing the patterns. Here is one wannabe: [url']http://img.tar.hu/benyhe/size2/13076394.jpg[/url]

Just a few questions about the raw material in your method. I should find here the equivalent of the gift tissue paper, what you use. How does it look like? Is it transparent, or rather translucent in some measure? Something like cigarette paper, or rather kleenex tissue? Doesn'n it crinkle in the printer? Doesn't the printer ink run on it?

I already have a few sheet of decals, but haven't used yet. Probably I won't even, if your cost-sensitive method would work for me.

folk

Folk,

The paper is translucent, but becomes nearly transparent when the first epoxy coat goes on. It is stronger (less tear prone) than Kleenex and more translucent than cigarette paper. Most card or gift shops carry it.

The tissue is tacked down on it's edges, with a glue stick, to a sheet of regular paper. (Put the glue on the regular paper and lay the tissue flat onto it, being careful to avoid wrinkles.) Trim the tissue so it is 8.5" x 11", with no overhang. That will allow it to run through a printer with no problems. Print more than one set of images, at once, to save time. The ink will not run! The cost per bait is appx 1 cent U.S.

Husky