russ

air compressor?

RUSS, I am in no way a seasoned veteran at this but I have done alot of research on compressors when I first started and it was the kind folks here that led me to purchasing my compressor and so far it has worked out great.first of all get something with at least 3 or 4 gallon air storage capacity so its not running all the time and it is a must to have a pressure regulator and air filter so you can dial in low pressure that will be consistent and of course have dry air.water getting to your brush is a killer on a paint job.What brand you buy is your preference but you can go to sears and spend around $120.00 and have exactly what you need.now this is based on what i do which is paint 5 or 6 baits or so maybe a couple times a week so if you are planning on really brushing in large quantitys you may need something larger than this, but the regulator/filter is a must no matter what you go with.Hope this helps you because this topic was a major problem for me when i first started because for some reason i thought i would have to buy a specialized compressor made just for brushing and thats not the case at all.