cesportsman

Crankbait sitting straight in the water?

Any of you guys have a problem with the bait sitting straight in the water? I know my belly weight is in the middle for sure, I drilled the hole in a milling machine at work with a edge finder and digital readout. I have it weighted fairly heavy too, but it tilts slighty to the right. Im not happy with this but I tested alot of crankbaits today and you would really be surprised how many arent sraight in the water. I have one really high dollar crankbait from a big name that is really bad. Is this something that is fairly normal? Im using Balsa wood too. The bait sits nose down really nice but tilts so im a little confused about this. Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks to all the guys that post info on this site. Im reading daliy and learning alot, so thanks to all!!

Isn't it just amazing how the high dollar bait tilts. 8O Guess the bait isn't right. Tell me about the lure. How long, wide, is it a flat bait, round bait, etc. Also, I need to know how much weight you are putting in the lure. If you don't want to put all of that information in this post then send me a PM or email. I should be able to help.

Skeeter

hi,

i'm rather a newbie so my views may be inaccurate. i've also had similar problems before with tilting lures. i've made sure the weight was placed dead centre but it still happened. i think it's due to the porosity of the wood, some parts have more air chambers, some parts more dense, therefore making the wood uneven. maybe the balsa u used are of lower grade? sometimes while carving the wood, u may notice some irregularities on different sides due to the presence of these air chambers.

sometimes the entire stock of wood that i get are inferior, so gotta check it thoroughly. just my 2 cents

I don't know how the hook holder is made for the rear hook, but

if the ring is in a horizontal position, the split ring can be positioned

to the sided of the ring and the weight of the hook will tilt the

bait if it is really close on balance.

Coley

• Like 1