Minky

lucky craft jointed lure

I don't know what kind of special flex material LC uses on their "Live Pointers" but think it would be very difficult to assemble and finish one without an automated production line. I was given one when they first came out, couldn't get it to swim right except at very slow retrieve speeds. Sort of a neat idea (didn't it win an ICAST award 2 yrs ago?) but personally, I haven't heard of any pro jerkbait fishermen extolling its virtues, unlike the rest of the LC lures. Gotta admit, they're my favorite brand regardless of cost! Maybe others have a different experience with them?

The LC jointed are actually just multistrand SS wires embeded into either ABS (Sasara)or a plastic body (live-pointer).

Not discouraging U but if ur're just starting out with lure making I'd advice U to stick to one piece or jointed lures first b4 venturing into this form. There are a lot of minor details, assembly, balance and durability issues that have to be designed and incoperated into building a lure like this from wood.

I've made a wood prototype before, click link for pic and a link to video of it in action: http://www.pbase.com/sebarau/jointed_lure but believe me it's very meddley & cumbersome to produce. I have posted it as well about how it was done in TU if u've search for jointed lure or something along that line, u should've found it: http://www.tackleunderground.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4063

I was interested in making a jointed crankbait similar to a live pointer. At the toy store I noticed a wooden snake that had a piece of fabric down the center to give it flex. Right now I am still working on solid bodied crankbaits myself. The LC live pointer won the award in 2003 and is the worst jerk bait ever! but if you slow crank it thru current it is great.

Allen