TRChad

Pasche VL or Badger Anthem...Which one for beginner?

I am about to purchase one of these from Dixie art, but am having a tough time choosing....I know the Badger is cheaper, but I am wondering if I can do detail work such as tiger stripes and fine lines with it...I was trying to do a search on the forum, but could not figure out how to..Thanks a lot guys..I have learned a great deal from this site in the last 2 years.....Also where are you guys buying e-tex and devcon epoxies from?

I am not sure about where to get e-tex because I use devcon 2-ton and you can buy it at wal-mart stores anywhere.only about $2.00 a tube.I also recently started using the Paasche VL and after getting use to using it, I love it.The main thing is to keep it good and clean and practice with it all you can.It took me a while to be able to shoot clean lines with it and I am still not as good as most of these guys but I am catching on quickly with practice.

I had not used an airbrush for many years and found the Paasche VL a little tricky for my skill set. My main problems ended up being due to proper cleaning and air pressure.

While I was re-learning I bought one of the $10 air brush kits from Harbor Freight (on sale for $4.99 at the time) and practiced with that until I got comfortable with airbrushes again. It was easy to clean and I feel I could toss it if I screwed it up.

You can find E-tex at hobby stores, I get mine at Michael's.

I have experience with the Badger Pro 150, has done some solid work for CLU. I dont think you can go wrong with either unit though. To answer your ?, will a Badger get the "detail" you are after...the answer is yes. As with any unit though, it requires lots of practice and trial and error to get the most out of the brush. Good luck