SGriff

Custom Tackle Builder Convention??

I'm new to this board and have been reading many interesting post. I just really mess around with old store bought cranks. Paint..AT..a few, add some weight , etc. but am becoming more interested in doing more work on some baits. Does there exist some type of custom tackle builders convention, get together or what ever you want to call it?

Steve Griffin, Alabama

Hello Steve, I am from Alabama myself and as far as I know there arent any type conventions or get togethers of any kind around here.I wish there was because I would surely check it out.I dont think there are many folks in Al. that do this and it surprises me because we have probably the largest population of fishermen and sportsmen as anyone in America because of our abundant resources we have here.If you ever hear of any let me know.Sounds like something good for B'ham or H'ville to look into.

Last April we had a get together at my house,we had 6 other guys there..3 from Tenn...We are planning the 2nd annual for this year..it will happen the last weekend in April again..all are invited...

If you go up too the docks,and look back a couple pages you'll see a few pictures posted from the get together..Nathan

We  had several get togethers over the course of 5-6 years... We had builders from Australia and England attend as well as several states represented through the years...Towards the end we had about12-15 attendees over the 3 day event..We haven't had any in about 5 years...I'm thinking I may have another one this next spring..Nathan

• Like 1