finlander

VL not spraying

When I put the head protecting cap on the assembly. air pushes out the intake where the paint should be drawn in. Looking thru it, it looks clear. When the cap is off, the water/Windex mix is pulled thru. I tried this this am, where it was yesterday when I first tried running paint thru it for the first time. I cleaned it yesterday with water. I did not try to run water thru it. Did not have enough time. Alot of questions for this first-timer. One big one is how far should I tighten the needle adjusting sleeve against the spring????? Seems the more I tighten it the stickier my trigger becomes. :( Should the needle be visible in the opening of the tip before I dram it back to let the paint thru??? Thanks.

After looking at the literature, I see the cap needs to be removed before spraying. Butt the parts labeled as 1 and 2 are not there!!!! Now I am sure that this was sold and returned before I bought it. Under the cardboard in the box was a ty-wrap that was meant to hold the VL in place. I am going back downstaits to look for those parts. They show be on the airbrush, right??? not in the box somewhere...... :?:

OK. Found the parts. Filled a 2nd bottle with water/Windex mix and it sprayed thru fine. This was the larger bottle that came with the kit. The smaller bottle that has the paint in it would not spray. So I switched the paint to the larger bottle and it sprayed ok. What could cause this?? Tube is clear. Could a clogged vent hole do this???

On top of the small bottle is a vent hole, if that hole is clogged the paint will not come out. I learned this when I first started (the hard way).

To fix, remove the nut that is inside the lid. Take off the top part that connects to your air gun and clean off the underside of it and the lid top. When placing back onto the lid make sure you line the two holes up or you may be back at step one.

I still think you got a brush that someone messed up and returned to the store. I would take it back and request (demand) a new (unopened) one.