muskiehound

oils from hand

Will the oils from your skin cause your top coat not to stick. I've been using devcon 30 min cure time epoxy. I've been having problems with the top coat peeling off. I did read some post about water getting in and swelling the wood can cause this. I was just wondering if oils would cause this as well. Heres a pic of the bait

Jim

misc_001_147.jpg

misc_001_147.jpg

misc_001_147.jpg

misc_001_147.jpg

misc_001_147.jpg

misc_001_147.jpg

misc_001_147.jpg

misc_001_147.jpg

1663_thumb.attach

Ever mix up a bunch of meatloaf?? Well this may be extreme but it is the same thing as not using gloves. I wear latex gloves through all stages of making my baits from the sealing process right through the clear coating process.There is oil exuding from your skin and it will cause the epoxy not to stick to the finish, that bait does not look to be ruined though, try wiping it down with a solvent to remove any trace of the oil residue and re-coat. When I first received the clear coat epoxy formulation from the company I buy it from, I had a similar problem, called the guy up and he told me the hamburger/potato chip hand story.Since donning the gloves have not had one problem!!Good Luck