Hoodaddy

Auto Air ??????

I have always used Createx acrylics but have seen several posts about Auto Air.I would like to try it but cant seem to find any around Cincinnati.If anyone knows of a good place to get it would you please let me know.Also I was noticing House of Color paints are these acrylics or oils.Ive played around with oil but just seems to be too much trouble.Good looking job though...Thanks

I really like Lifetones,they are pre-diluted and offer a bunch of awesome colors.WASCO would be the source,that is a taxidermy supply.They offer lacquer-base or water-base.The one problem is getting their catalog,it only comes out every couple of years or so.Kinda pricy but the selection is great.They have lots of interesting other supplies which I find useful too.Hope that helps.1-800-334-8012 www.taxidermy.com

Michael I odered some of the paints you are talking about maybe six months ago. A builder in WV who has many years under his belt suggested that I try it. The paint is called "polytranspar" and is a water-based paint. I found it to spray just "ok" and similar clogging problems with it that I do with regular createx.

More alarming though is that once I put the etex on it there was some kind of chemical reaction that occurred and bubbles came out everywhere! The baits were literally destroyed! I mentioned this to the guy who uses the paints and he said this has never happened to him before. I threw all of mine in the garbage, about 100 dollars worth of paint just a few weeks ago. Take the info for what it's worth,didn't work for me but is working for others.

If you are wanting to try a new paint I have heard the HOK and Auto Air are both formulated with smaller pigment making them easier to spray. Regular Createx was formulated to spray on clothing and has a much larger pigment size. Dixie Art Supply is a great source for the paints.

Jed V.

RiverMan,I have also used Polytranspar but I used the lacquer-based stuff.I also spray several flash coats over the paint job after it cures completely before applying the clear top coat.I am sorry about your baits though that is very disheartening when it happens.It has surely happened to me also.I found it to be a problem with using different bases,so now I stick with the same base throughout the paint job.I believe cure time plays a role also.I also spray through templates so I worry far less about clogging tips.