kbkindle

crank bait size anddepth range

kbkindle here: have been off site for about 3 month been pretty ill.

but i think the dr. are getting me better. when you are 70 years old it takes longer to get well any way i still want to make wood cranks. there is one bait that works great on my home lakes and that is acotton cordell big o in the 2 1/4 " by 1/3 oz and dives 3-5" i want a bait that size, but to dive 5-8' because i think if my crank dont hit the bottom and hit stumps, rock etc it does not work as well. how to get it deeper with the same tight wiggle as big'os any help kb

Take a look at the deep Bagley Killer B It has the a similar angle lip as the Big O but has a longer lip with the line tie on the lip instead of the body, the killer B has a nice distintive thump when it is tuned properly and just flat out catches the snot out of the fish!!Hope everything is well with your health!!

Welcome back and glad to here you are doing better KB. You have two options here if you want your bait to look like the big O. My suggestion would be that you make a big O body and put a Bagley DKBII or a Poes 300 lip in it. Put the lip in either straight out or with a slight drop in the lip. Kinda at the angle that a Bagley DBIII has. That will get you the depth and action you want. The slight drop is to give the bait its wobble. If you want more of a wiggle instead then run the lip straight out. This will tighten the action. Leave the line tie positions for either lip where they are originally and install them. This should get it done for you.

Skeeter